Benefits of Integrated Cloud ERP System / Software
What is Integration?
Integrating your ERP system is essentially joining functions within departments to functions of other departments to make your business processes go more smoothly.This is accomplished by using interactive modules that allow specific departments to carry out their own functions while having access to the information they need from other departments to complete those functions.
How Does Integration Help?
At first it might sound like you're trying to encroach on the different responsibilities of each department, but really, it's all about increased communication. Your company is a synergistic entity; the departments must all take care of their own functions while still meeting the needs of the entire company. To do that, each department must be able to communicate with other relevant departments or outside entities to get the job done. Integration provides that communication through increased access to information with linked modules. Here are a few examples:
- Accounting departments need access to receipts, travel itineraries and meeting or conference agendas to process travel reimbursements. Integrating with end-user travel reports and data can reduce payout times and increase accuracy.
- Supply chain personnel need to know where supplies are needed, where they are coming from and who is available to deliver. Linking inventory control to logistics can prevent duplication of orders and reduce delivery times.
- Marketing specialists need to know how well their campaigns are performing. Providing access to sales data, customer relationship management and social media stats can offer valuable insights to drive growth.
What Functions can be Integrated?
Before ERP solutions, people relied on one-on-one (and often, face-to-face and email, excel sheet etc.) communication that required time and a concerted effort. But now, access to information through various ERP modules creates a seamless flow of information tailored to both individual- and department-level needs. See below examples of ERP modules and functions that can be integrated into one system:
- Accounting and Financial: Audit and controls, cash flow planning, consolidation, statutory reporting payroll.
- Human Resources: Training, leave and absence management, time management, travel and expenses.
- Supply Chain Management: Inventory control, transportation and logistics, routing, warehouse management
- Customer Relationship Management: Contact information, social media management, loyalty tracking, dispute resolution.
- Project Management: Scheduling, meeting management, task management, progress tracking
- Data Services: Reports, statistics, information health and accuracy.
How does Integration help your Business Grow?
Integrated ERP systems provide increased access to information and communication throughout your organization. With cloud-based solutions, integrated ERP can remove the distance between multiple locations and keep data flowing as if everyone were in the same room. Many cloud-based options also include additional mobility by providing apps for smartphones and tablets so your people can access information on the go.
Integrating functions provide a plethora of other benefits, including:
- Increase in data access and reliability.
- Reduction of redundant tasks.
- Assessment of real-time data.
- Discovery of previously unseen business needs, strengths or weaknesses.
If you've been wondering how you could take your organization to the next level, an integrated ERP system might be the answer. Give your personnel the access and increased communication they need to perform at optimum levels any time and anywhere with integrated ERP.
Overall Benefits of Integrated Cloud ERP System
- One-stop service: Through having all of the valuable data stored at one place, relevant information is easier for employees to access and share. When you are able to view every aspect of your organization from one system, you will have fewer things to manage and worry about.
- Improved data accessibility: With the help of system integration, data accessibility becomes easier for people in the organizations. This leads to better decision making, at different levels, which often results in accelerated business growth.
- Improved productivity: Rather than having to duplicate data from one place to another and wait for information to be sent to them from other departments, employees can now spend more time on crucial tasks that will help the business to grow.
- Robust growth: A rapidly growing company can quickly become entangled with a complex application and system landscape. But with an integrated erp software system, problems can be solved and changes can be made with just a few clicks rather than visiting multiple systems.
Have more questions?
Drop an email to email@example.com